GPD in partnership with World Learning and through the sponsorship of the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs in 2012 and 2013 hosted the Youth Ambassadors Program with South America. Over 100 high school students and educators from Argentina, Bolivia, Chile and Peru each participated in a week-long series of sessions and activities on the Grounds of the University of Virginia that focused on leadership training, the importance of being civically engaged, cultural understanding and more. The year 2014 will see additional program participants in Charlottesville from these countries plus Ecuador, and youth and educators from the Charlottesville area will participate in the U.S. Youth Ambassadors Program with Argentina and Chile.
- Applications were accepted from November 1 through December 1, 2013
- Approximate travel dates are June 13 -July 3, 2014.
- High School Student Application – Learn about program goals, eligibility requirements, selection criteria, and more.
- Adult Application – Learn all about the exchange.
Contact Daman Irby at (434) 243-8475 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the U.S. Youth Ambassadors Program with Argentina and Chile.
Related Article and News Video:
- U.Va. Center for Politics Recruits for ‘Global Perspectives on Democracy’
- U.Va. Offering Students Chance to be Youth Ambassadors
- U.S. Youth Ambassadors Visit Chile
Like our Facebook page! Stay connected with The U.Va. Center for Politics Global Perspectives on Democracy.
Support the Center’s Mission:Give Online!