Campus Vote Project – www.campusvoteproject.com
Campus Vote Project is a project of the Fair Elections Center. Campus Vote Project works with universities, community colleges, faculty, students and election officials to reduce barriers to student voting. Their goal is to help campuses institutionalize reforms that empower students with the information they need to register and vote.
1. Can I register to vote?
You can register to vote if you are:
- 18-years or older by November 3, 2020.
- A United States citizen.
- A resident of Virginia (if you are a UVA student, you are!).
- Can register in Virginia with their school address or their home state; you cannot register in both.
- If you register in Virginia, be sure to bring your UVA school ID to the polls as your form of identification.
- The voter registration deadline is October 13, 2020, at 5 p.m. All forms must be submitted or turned in to the registrar by this time.
2. How do I register in Virginia?
- First Time Voters – click here
- Previously Registered Voters – click here
- You must have a Virginia license to register online; please fill out a paper form if you do not.
- Print Forms – click here
- You can also contact Student Council and they will give you a form and turn it in for you! Just email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Requesting VR Form”
Completed forms must be returned to the Charlottesville registrar within 10 days of completing the form.
If you live in first-year dorms, the Lawn, the Range, Brown College, Lambeth, Copeley (Glenn, Boyd), or Hereford (Norris, Johnson, Malone):
- Albemarle County is your registrar’s office and is located at the 5th Street County Office Building in the Human Services Wing, which is 600 5th St., Charlottesville, VA 22902. It is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
If you live anywhere off Grounds, the IRC, Copeley (Snavely, Abbott, Ribble), Hereford (Weedon, Wyburn), Bice, the German House, or any of the JPA Language Houses:
- Charlottesville City is your registrar’s office and is located in the City Hall Annex at 120 7th St. NE No. 142, Charlottesville, VA 22902. It is open 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m Monday through Friday.
3. How do I register in a different state?
Each state is different, but you can visit www.campusvoteproject.com and scroll down to their interactive map. Click on your state and it will show you all state-relevant voting laws and procedures.