Vote Smart offers every candidate and elected official from President to local government and can be easily and instantly accessed through the Voter’s Self-Defense System: Voting Records, Biographical and contact information, Issue positions (political courage test),Interest group rating, Public statements and Campaign finances.
1. How do I find information on candidates?
- Visit websites like www.votesmart.org to find detailed information on candidates’ experience, views, and promises.
- Follow candidates’ social media posts and news appearances to get a feel for who they are and what they believe in.
2. How should I decide who to vote for?
- Think about what issues matter most to you, and look at how they align with the candidates’ views. It is unlikely that you will agree with everything a candidate thinks, but at least you can choose the one who will make change in the areas that matter most to you.